Update: September 10, 2020
The COVID-19 Global Pandemic has caused disastrous public health and economic effects throughout the United States and the world. Skudin Surf is one of the few organizations that has successfully operated and adapted since the onset of the pandemic. Skudin Surf has operated out of several different locations in New York City and Long Island all summer without any instances of staff or clients becoming infected with COVID-19. Skudin Surf at American Dream will be able to operate in compliance with New Jersey executive orders and provide the highest standard of health and safety to our staff and clients because:
- Surfing involves social distancing as a safety necessity.
- Social distancing signage will be placed outside of the water and social distance guidance will be strictly adhered to at all times.
- Daily health screenings and temperature checks of all staff members and clients will be mandated.
- Advanced reservations for surfing times will be mandated.
- All high contact surface will undergo frequent and logged disinfection procedures.
- Maximum occupancy will never exceed 25%.
- Masks will be required at all times while surfers and staff are outside of the water.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be easily accessible for individuals outside of the water.
- Staff will be fully trained in safe COVID-19 operating procedures.
- Group reservations will be limited to no more than 20.
The State of New Jersey has outlined guidance for operating indoor pool facilities and aquatic recreation facilities and this guidance will be adhered to at all times. The safe operations of Skudin Surf at American Dream is dependent not only on this written operating plan, but also on the commitment of the Skudin Surf staff to our new policies and procedures, which have a proven and effective track record. Our staff will be trained in effective implementation of this plan and all relevant information will be conveyed to our clients via email prior to entering Skudin Surf at American Dream. The successful operation of Skudin Surf at American Dream will be dependent on our united commitment to safety as well as individual responsibility on behalf of every staff member and client. Together with our partners at American Dream and Perrotta Consulting we will create a controlled environment that is safer than any other indoor venue that has already been permitted to reopen.
Skudin Surf at American Dream