(between 1-16 surfers )
PM Sessions 9-11pm
*sessions vary “book now” to see
What To Bring
*bring a surfboard or use one of ours
2 Hour Private Dream Sessions
This feature allows a private surf experience in groups of up to 16 surfers. The fun is endless when surfers are able to build their own custom wave playlist!
Each wave can last from three to eight seconds in length and reach three to four feet in height. The waves can be set to alternate every 25 – 70 seconds, which equates to 50 – 150 waves/hour.
- The Barreling Wave aka “Vortex”
The barreling wave requires more time in between waves to maximize the shape compared to the shorter time required for the left air section. We recommend this wave for advanced surfers using shortboards. It is also perfect for bodyboarders.
- The Left and Right Air Section
Allow a few lulls throughout your session and come with an average group size of no more than 10 surfers. We recommend this wave
- The A-Frames
For larger groups, we recommend the A- Frame wave to split peak rights and lefts and maximize wave counts. This wave gives each surfer an opportunity for two turns on the wave and each is super rippable, coming in 25 second intervals. We recommend this wave for surfers of all skill levels using all types of equipment.
*Note: We will have a “lull” of up to 80 seconds to let the waves settle in order to maximize the wave technology. Learn more about wave types
Things to know about The Private Dream Session:
- Includes a Wave Technician, two Surf Coaches/Surf Caddies and Lifeguards on Duty.
- There are fun options for all levels of surfing abilities.
- Includes private cabana on pool deck overlooking the waves.
- We recommend professionals bring their own equipment and wear short leashes to prevent boards from hitting the wall. There is a good chance of some minor digs, so leave your favorite board at home.
- Start with a bigger board because having the right equipment at Skudin Surf American Dream is key. Look through our complementary quiver online or during your session. Here is a link to our quiver
- The A-frame waves are a great way to start your session and double your group’s wave count; these waves are also good for a wider range of surfing ability.
- A fast pop-up and being able to create speed is critical for surfing our advanced wave settings.
- The more time you allow between waves, the better the quality. Please consider letting the water settle for a minute or two throughout your session.
- It’s hot and sunny. Be prepared for summer heat and sunshine through the bubble walls. Yes, you can get sunburnt!
- Please paddle back along one of the walls after your wave and apply your basic surf etiquette.
- Don’t dive; there is a cement bottom.
- Parking is free and directions will be sent with confirmation e-mail.
- Please wait in parking lot B – level 1 to then go into Mall together as a group together with a Skudin Surf staff member 45 min before session.
- Please have all surfers in your group complete electronic waivers 24 hours prior to your session from confirmation e-mail link.
- All bookings are nonrefundable. Bookings can be transferred to another date with a minimum 30-day notice prior to the scheduled session.
- Friend Surf Sessions
- Competitive surf coaching
- Corporate Events
- Birthday Parties
- Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties
- Before or After a night out in NYC
- Holiday Parties
- Escaping the Cold and Flat Days
- and more!
- Extra Instructor: $100/hour – highly recommend for first-time surfers and beginners
- Surf Coach: $500/2hour for improving on style and flow for competitive surfers or quick improvements in skills.
- Media Package $500/hour consists of one hour of an on site photographer. Deliverables include downloadable high resolution album of photos.